There are numerous factors that could warrant for redesigning your home. Expansion of the family, adding re-sale value and living in the same old-house for years and years are some of these factors. But home redesigning is quite expensive in today’s economic context. The material cost is rising at an alarming rate. In fact, a new set of kitchen cabinets will cost thousands of dollars. Just imagine, how the costs would add up if you incorporate bath vanities, new countertops and hardwood floors into the project. You need not worry as there many ways of redesigning your home on a budget. This article will highlight 10 tips in this regard.
- If you are planning to use stainless steel appliances for the kitchen and bathrooms, the original material will cost an arm and a leg. The alternative would be to use peel-and-stick contact paper with a stainless steel finish. Your appliances will exhibit all the features of stainless steel but at a fraction of the cost.
- Changing the doorknobs, hinges and handles will give your home a new look. These are quite inexpensive and easy to install. Such finishing touches would vouch for the elegance of your home.
- Replace the covers on the electrical outlets and light switches. They are easy to install and a brand new white cover would look great in enhancing the looks of your home. You can get a basic white cover for around $1 from most of the home improvement retailers in your area.
- You don’t need expensive new furniture to enhance the appearance of your home. Simply rearrange the existing furniture by creating new shapes and reorganizing the living space. It may do wonders for your home.
- Change the wallpaper and repaint your walls to match the furniture in the house. This can add more value to your home.
- Change the curtains and blinds of the windows by installing new ones. If you have been using the one-inch vinyl blind up to now, replace it with the two-inch wood blind for better aesthetics in your home.
- Replace the old lampshades with new ones. they don’t have to be expensive at all. There are quality lampshades available with home improvement retailers for quite reasonable prices. Choose a color to go with the paint on the wall.
- Repaint the ceilings with a brighter color. The latest trend is to have a soft-light color on the walls and a bold color on the ceiling. White walls would go hand in hand with a bright yellow ceiling.
- Clear the clutter. This is a big one. It alone will help to make the living space of a home more inviting. A clutter free home would appear to be more elegant than a house full of clutter.
- Hanging more mirrors would increase the light that shines through the house. Hanging two mirrors in one room but on opposite walls will give the impression of a larger room.
The aforementioned are 10 of the most effective home redesigning ideas on a budget. Using them will enhance the appearance as well as the resale value of your home.