Windows play an important role in how the house looks both from the inside and outside. Although one gets to choose between medium sized and large windows, all these can be treated, or utilized to bring out the best in your home. Small windows are also unavoidable considering the bathroom and washrooms need smaller windows. To help you decide on an innovative design to treat your windows for an improved visual appeal and elegance, we have outlined 15 of the most innovative and creative ideas you can use.
- Drapes: These are an excellent choice for large windows. Drapes are a good choice for those who would like to preserve their house’s traditional look and feel. If the windows are dome-shaped, then drapes will greatly help improve the window’s look and feel.
- Roman Shades: Roman shade window treatments require great lengths of drapery fabrics. These are specially made for tall floor to ceiling windows. By using roman shades for window treatments, your home’s luxurious look and feel will be greatly improved. Playing around with the fabrics to allow light through, as well as captivate the eye is a creative idea that you should consider implementing.
- Top-down tailored cellular curtains: This is a modern window treatment meant to improve the room’s aesthetic appeal. Aside from improving the rooms visual appeal, tailored window treatments help maintain cool temperatures in the house, especially during summer and hot weather. The also allow enough light to pass through, thus keeping the room illuminated all day long.
- Motorized shades: These have similar functions as the Roman shades, only that they are meant for ultra-tall windows. The shades and curtains are automated, and can be pulled up or sideways to achieve desired shapes and lengths. These are safe for houses with toddlers crawling and walking all over the house.
- Open window treatments: These are efficient especially if the windows are not patterned. If the windows were placed randomly to allow light in, then adding in some valance can help. You can consider using some window tinting, or just use well-knit blinders to act as covers. These should transform how the windows look by even greater extends.
- Café curtains: This design is commonly used in bathrooms and in smaller windows. The curtains cover the lower half of the window thus allowing more light into the room. Although many people prefer using this window treatment for their bathrooms, the design is still applicable in medium sized windows in living rooms and bedrooms. The elegance in this design presents itself in clear sunny days.
- Woven window shades: Woven window treatments come in different sizes, forms and lengths. Choosing a color that conforms to other items or furniture in the house can help bring out elegancy in your house. Woven window curtains and blinders can also be used for extra privacy and earthy look.
- Aluminum blinds: These are classic window treatment ideas used in the late 50’s. Aluminum blinds help add retro glamour in the house, as they help polish up window finishes hence giving a more sophisticated edge over other window treatments.
- Detailed window blinds and curtains: Using curtains and blinders with faint yet elegant details can help improve the rooms’ visual appeal. Using details such as faint flower patterns on the blinders, and jungle-animal embossed curtains should do the trick. You can also consider using woven curtains with such embossments for improved visual appeal.
- Floaty curtains: These window treatments are specifically made to allow light in, while giving plenty of privacy from the outside. Floaty curtains are specially made of silk in a luminous color that allows light through. They also offer a shiny sheer on the inside especially when the sun is shining on them.
- Romantic hint imprinted curtains and blinds: Although a simple window treatment, hint-imprinted curtains create romantic illusions on the window especially when it is sunny outside. These are commonly used in bathrooms and bedrooms. One can choose imprints of artworks within the house to supplement each other.
- Texture trimmed curtains: A heavy, trimmed curtain presents a classic yet elegant appeal on the window. The curtain can either be hand or machine woven, but with thick threads. The trimmings on the sides of these curtains can represent anything from ponytail to feather trims.
- Stencil curtain panels: These are curtains stenciled with names or a message on them. These are a perfect choice for the children’s bedroom. Although simple, the stencil panels can come in the color the kid loves. This can be purple, light green, yellow or even white depending on the kid’s preferences.
- Button Burst curtains: These are curtains with button bursts woven in them. These buttons can be of different colors and shapes, all summing up into one large presentation or image. Like the stencil curtains, these can be used in the children’s bedroom as well.
- Custom designed window shades and panels: Playing around with different window treatments can help you come up with a great curtain design for your home. A good example is using the roman shades custom designed with branching out imprints on the same. While maintaining the roman gesture, the imprint can bring out additional detail; all, which will help, make the windows look more elegant and great to look at.
Although there may be numerous types of window treatments to choose from, it all depends with what you are trying to achieve to make out the most appropriate one to use. Guided by other items or artwork in the house, as well as window frames and size, you should be able to find an appealing yet innovative design to use for the same. Although some people consider it a DIY project, you can seek the services of a professional interior designer for insight on the same. The designer should be able to pin point certain aspects you should consider in your selection process. Better still, having the interior designer take care of the selection process, as well as installation of the same is a great idea. This will bring out more than you ever expected from your house.