Design and pick the proper wall colors for the living room is important since sometimes our guest always give their first impression base on our home. That is why you need to know and decide which proper or right wall colors will balance and give warm feeling for our family and guests. You could pick more than one colors as combination of the living room walls from the light color to darker color. Today, we will give you some helpful information about what the types of room color combinations for your living room as part of your beautiful home.
What types of room color combinations for your living room?
There are several types of room color combinations for your living room base on color wheel which you could choose such as:
- Monochromatic color: Monochromatic color only chooses one color for living room. The idea of this type is harmonization. You could choose one color such as light color or darker color as your living room wall color. Many people see that choose only one color is boring, but it looks well if you do not want to feel the living room looks so crowded.
- Analogous color: Analogous color as room color combination for your living room use color that side by side on the colors wheel. The basic idea of this combination is like monochromatic color that is harmonization.
- Contrast color: Contrast color as room color combinations for your living room use two color that opposite each other. For example, cool colors against warm colors. If you want your living room dominated with cool colors, you could mix it with warm colors and on the contrary, if you want to choose warm colors to dominate your living room; you could pick cool colors to mix with them.
- Soft contrast color: soft contrast use base color on the color wheel like white or black and mix them with color than could balance the basic colors. Typically, soft contrast is less bold than contrast colors. The basic idea of this type of combination is to pick one base color and mix it with two contrast color for the living room.
- Triadic color: Like the name, the idea of Triadic color is use three color on the color wheel like blue, red and yellow. Actually, you could pick whatever color you want to mix together as long as they bring high spirit to your living room.
How to choose the proper or right room color combinations for your living room?
When you want to choose the right colors for your living room, you need to consider several essential things like the space of the living room, the light of the living room and the effect which you want to get for the living room.
For example, if you have bright living room you could choose darker color to balance it and make it looks more natural and warm. In addition, if you have small space of the living room, you could add lot of light to make it look larger.